Branding: What, Why, How
Does your company have a consistent brand?
Branding differentiates your company from others, makes you stand out, and helps you create an experience that will resonate with customers. For many company owners, building a strong company brand feels like an impossible challenge. But, it does not have to be something you dread. Here’s the what, why, and how of establishing a solid brand for your business.
What is Branding?
Branding creates consistency in all aspects of your company. From your company colors, logo, design of your marketing materials, and customer service protocols, everything that you establish to build your business adds to your company’s brand. Branding distinguishes your company from others, represents who you are, and what you have to offer to your loyal and potential customers.
Why is Branding Important?
Creating a consistent, recognizable brand for your company is important to your business’s success because it will:
- Build Trust: Branding helps consumers know what to expect from your business. They recognize the value of your products as well as the experience they will receive by shopping with your company. A logo helps your business gain recognition and establish itself as a trusted brand among customers.
- Help Garner New Business: Furthermore, once your logo and brand are recognizable, you establish a loyal customer base that refers others to your business. By building trust, your brand helps you generate referrals from your current customers. People want to tell others about companies they love, and your brand helps you establish rapport with your current customer base and encourages them to refer friends and family.
- Support Your Marketing: Your brand helps you design marketing materials that reflect the values of your company. You’re able to create a marketing plan that aligns with your company mission and values to ensure you are reaching the customers that will most benefit from your product or service.
How Do You Build a Strong Brand?
- Design a Logo: Your logo will become the single most recognized branding image of your brand; therefore, it is essential that it captures the essence of your business. The colors and image of your logo provide your customers with insight into what your business represents. Be sure to include your logo on all marketing materials.
- Establish Your Company’s Values: Develop your marketing messaging around those values. For example, consider how your products and services help your customers and be sure to include messaging that conveys the problems your business will help solve on your marketing materials.
- Keep It Consistent: This is crucial. In order to establish a recognizable brand, you must be consistent. Ensure your logo and key messaging is included in all marketing materials.
CPS is committed to helping you design and grow your brand. Contact us today to discover how we can help you design and print marketing materials that reflect your brand.